Indulge in the delightful fusion of rich chocolate and luscious cherries with this Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake. This exquisite dessert features a decadent chocolate crust made from crushed Oreos, a creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, and a beautiful topping of cherry pie filling and fluffy cool whip. To add the final touch, don’t forget the chocolate sprinkles that elevate this cheesecake to perfection.
The harmonious blend of chocolate and cherries in this Black Forest Cheesecake is a match made in dessert heaven. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice, this recipe brings the joy of a classic Black Forest cake and the creamy indulgence of cheesecake to your kitchen. With the convenience of an Instant Pot, you can create a delectable cheesecake that’s bound to impress your family and friends.
How to Make a Cookie Crust
Step 1: Prepare the Springform Pan
- Begin by lining the bottom of a 6-inch springform pan with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the cheesecake later. Don’t forget to spray the sides with baking spray to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Crush the Oreos
- Use a food processor to grind up 24 Oreo cookies until they reach a sand-texture consistency. This will form the base of your delicious chocolate crust.
Step 3: Combine with Melted Butter
- Add the melted unsalted butter to the crushed Oreos and mix them together. The butter acts as the binding agent that will create a solid crust.
Step 4: Create the Crust
- Carefully press the mixture of crushed Oreos and melted butter into the bottom of the springform pan. Make sure it’s evenly distributed and firm.
Step 5: Freeze the Crust
- Place the crust into the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake mixture. This step is essential as it allows the crust to set up, ensuring a stable base for your cheesecake.
Making the Chocolate Cheesecake
Step 1: Prepare the Cheesecake Batter
- Using a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream. Mix until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Add Cocoa and Melted Chocolate
- Slowly add the cocoa powder, melted semi-sweet chocolate, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. These rich ingredients will infuse the cheesecake with a delightful chocolate flavor.
Step 3: Gradually Add Eggs
- Gradually add the eggs one at a time, taking care not to overmix. Overmixing can cause the cheesecake to crack, so gently incorporate them into the mixture.
Step 4: Pour the Cheesecake Filling
- Pour the prepared chocolate cheesecake filling over the Oreo cookie crust in the springform pan. The crust will provide a delightful contrast to the creamy filling.
Step 5: Cook in the Instant Pot
- Cover the prepared Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake tightly with foil. To ensure even cooking, add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and then lower the cheesecake onto it.
- Close the pressure cooker lid, making sure it’s sealed on the valve.
- Cook the Black Forest Cheesecake on high pressure for 35 minutes with a 20-minute natural release.
Step 6: Cool and Refrigerate
- After cooking, remove the Instant Pot’s lid and use a paper towel to wipe up any excess water.
- Let the cheesecake cool for an hour, and then transfer it to the fridge to refrigerate overnight. This resting period allows the flavors to meld and the cheesecake to set.
Step 1: Loosen the Cheesecake
- Take a sharp knife and run it around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the crust.
Step 2: Transfer and Garnish
- Remove the springform pan and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate if desired.
- Carefully spread cool whip around the edge of the cheesecake, leaving the center open for the cherry pie filling.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling into the center of the cheesecake, creating the classic Black Forest Cheesecake appearance.
- Don’t forget the final touch of chocolate sprinkles. These sprinkles add both aesthetic appeal and a delightful texture to each bite.
Step 3: Slice and Serve
- Now that your masterpiece is complete, slice the Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake and delight your taste buds with every creamy, chocolaty, and cherry-infused bite.
Please note that nutritional information can vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes. The following is an approximate breakdown:
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 350 kcal
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 24g
- Protein: 6g
This delightful dessert is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, but before you embark on this culinary journey, let’s address some common questions and considerations.
FAQ for 5 Questions About Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake
1. What’s the significance of using Oreos for the crust?
Oreos add a wonderful chocolatey flavor and a convenient crumb texture to the crust. They complement the chocolate cheesecake beautifully.
2. Can I make a larger cheesecake?
Absolutely! You can adjust the recipe quantities and use a larger springform pan to create a bigger cheesecake. Just remember to adjust cooking times as needed.
3. Is there a substitute for the Instant Pot?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can bake the cheesecake in a water bath in the oven. Follow the same recipe, but bake it in a preheated oven at 325°F (165°C) for about 45-60 minutes.
4. Can I use fresh cherries instead of pie filling?
While cherry pie filling is traditional for the Black Forest flavor, you can use fresh cherries if you prefer. Just pit, chop, and sweeten them with sugar to create your cherry topping.
**5. How should I store leftover
Store any leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator, well-covered, to prevent drying out. It’s best to consume it within a few days to enjoy its freshness.
Now that you have the knowledge and the recipe, it’s time to embark on your Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake adventure. Get ready to impress your friends and family with this delicious, homemade dessert! Happy baking!